Fashion & Garment Technology
- Career Prospects
Garment Technology, is a discipline where you learn about the different technical aspects of production of garments. A person specialized in Garment Technology looks after the technical aspect of creation of the garments in addition to acting as a consultant to fashion designers and marketing personnel. Also you can enter in the world of glitz and glamour, an exciting career that gets you around the fashion culture, labels and oodles of creativity. Go places, work with the best names in the fashion industry or develop your own. The world of fashion has immense opportunities for those who have a creative bent of mind, an eye for fashion detail and can spell a charm to dress up the world.
- Professional Communication
- Fashion Design Concept
- Basic Design & Sketching
- Drafting & Pattern Making-1
- Computer Principle & Application
- Textile Science
- Basic Stitching Techniques
- Industrial Machine Tools & Equipment
- Design Ideas
- Drafting & Pattern Making-2
- Fabric Selection and Identification
- Leather Science
- Garment Fabrication
- CAD For Costume-1
- CAD For Costume-2
- Leather Garment Construction
- Jewelery and Fashion Accessories
- Environmental Education & Disaster Management
- Apparel Industry
- Production Management
- Dress Designing
- Business Organization & Entrepreneurship Development
- Fashion Illustration & Model Drawing
- Field Exposure
- Technical adviser in large fashion houses or textile factories.
- Branded retail stores
- Technical industries concerned with large scale production of uniforms.
- Quality control, marketing plan and cost benefit analysis
- Employment in the government sector which deals with certain materials and textile like jute, cotton or silk.
- You can decide to enter academics and teach garment technology.
- U.P. State Entrance Exam
- University Level / VGI Entrance Test
- Duration : 3 Years
- Eligibility : 10th passed (maths with min. 35% marks)
- Duration : 2 Years
- Eligibility : 10+2 with PCM / ITI